A never-before-seen picture book by Dr. Seuss!
This never-ever-before-seen picture book by Dr. Seuss about making up one’s mind is the literary equivalent of buried treasure! What happens when a brother and sister visit a pet store to pick a pet? Naturally, they can’t choose just one! The tale captures a classic childhood moment—choosing a pet—and uses it to illuminate a life lesson: that it is hard to make up your mind, but sometimes you just have to do it!
Told in Dr. Seuss’s signature rhyming style, this is a must-have for Seuss fans and book collectors, and a perfect choice for the holidays, birthdays, and happy occasions of all kinds.
An Editor’s Note at the end discusses Dr. Seuss’s pets, his creative process, and the discovery of the manuscript and illustrations for What Pet Should I Get?
Classic with a modern bent, modern with a hint of traditional or simply whatever strikes your inner designer’s fancy; no matter how you define your holiday style, Jillson Roberts has a vast array of festive gift wraps to suit a variety of preferences. Each roll of Jillson Roberts wrap contains 5 feet x 30 inches of designer gift wrap – that’s 30 feet in all – plenty to take care of lots and lots of special gift-giving! The wrap is nicely weighted to minimize “popped” corners and, to top it all off, the wrap core is 100% recycled and has a minimum of 90% post-consumer fiber. There’s also a beautiful selection of matching and harmonizing gift wraps, wine and bottle bags, ribbons, self-adhesive curly bows, crinkle shred and colorful tissue paper that happily mix and match to let your unique holiday style shine. Jillson Roberts and the Neufeld family are proud to offer the largest, most comprehensive presentation of eclectic and environmentally sensitive paper products and packaging available on the market today; proof that one can, indeed, give beautifully and responsibly. They invite you to explore their fresh and innovative collections available on Amazon.
- Give beautifully this most wondrous time of the year; 6 rolls of handsome royal blue gift wrap with shimmering prismatic accents
- Each roll contains 5 feet x 30 inches of wrap; 30 feet of gift wrap in all; Jillson Roberts gift wrap is nicely weighted to minimize popped corners
- Give responsibly this holiday season; wrap core is made in USA of 100% recycled paper with a minimum of 90% post-consumer fiber
- Complete your holiday theme with Shield of David gift bags, money holders and gift tags
- Jillson Roberts offers a beautiful selection of environmentally sensitive wrap, wine and gift bags, tissue, curling ribbon and Tyvek padded designer mailers suitable for a wide range of occasions
Hailed by Toni Morrison as “required reading,” a bold and personal literary exploration of America’s racial history by “the single best writer on the subject of race in the United States” (The New York Observer)
“This is your country, this is your world, this is your body, and you must find some way to live within the all of it.”
In a profound work that pivots from the biggest questions about American history and ideals to the most intimate concerns of a father for his son, Ta-Nehisi Coates offers a powerful new framework for understanding our nation’s history and current crisis. Americans have built an empire on the idea of “race,” a falsehood that damages us all but falls most heavily on the bodies of black women and men—bodies exploited through slavery and segregation, and, today, threatened, locked up, and murdered out of all proportion. What is it like to inhabit a black body and find a way to live within it? And how can we all honestly reckon with this fraught history and free ourselves from its burden?
Between the World and Me is Ta-Nehisi Coates’s attempt to answer these questions in a letter to his adolescent son. Coates shares with his son—and readers—the story of his awakening to the truth about his place in the world through a series of revelatory experiences, from Howard University to Civil War battlefields, from the South Side of Chicago to Paris, from his childhood home to the living rooms of mothers whose children’s lives were taken as American plunder. Beautifully woven from personal narrative, reimagined history, and fresh, emotionally charged reportage, Between the World and Me clearly illuminates the past, bracingly confronts our present, and offers a transcendent vision for a way forward.
Praise for Between the World and Me
“Powerful and passionate . . . profoundly moving . . . a searing meditation on what it means to be black in America today.”—Michiko Kakutani, The New York Times
“Brilliant . . . [Coates] is firing on all cylinders, and it is something to behold: a mature writer entirely consumed by a momentous subject and working at the extreme of his considerable powers at the very moment national events most conform to his vision.”—The Washington Post
“I’ve been wondering who might fill the intellectual void that plagued me after James Baldwin died. Clearly it is Ta-Nehisi Coates. The language of Between the World and Me, like Coates’s journey, is visceral, eloquent, and beautifully redemptive. And its examination of the hazards and hopes of black male life is as profound as it is revelatory.”—Toni Morrison
“A brilliant thinker at the top of his powers, Coates has distilled four hundred years of history and his own anguish and wisdom into a prayer for his beloved son and an invocation to the conscience of his country. Between the World and Me is an instant classic and a gift to us all.”—Isabel Wilkerson, author of The Warmth of Other Suns
“I know that this book is addressed to the author’s son, and by obvious analogy to all boys and young men of color as they pass, inexorably, into harm’s way. I hope that I will be forgiven, then, for feeling that Coates was speaking to me, too, one father to another, teaching me that real courage is the courage to be vulnerable.”—Michael Chabon
“A work of rare beauty . . . a love letter written in a moral emergency, one that Coates exposes with the precision of an autopsy and the force of an exorcism.”—Slate
An Amazon Best Book of July 2015: Readers of his work in The Atlantic and elsewhere know Ta-Nehisi Coates for his thoughtful and influential writing on race in America. Written as a series of letters to his teenaged son, his new memoir, Between the World and Me, walks us through the course of his life, from the tough neighborhoods of Baltimore in his youth, to Howard University—which Coates dubs “The Mecca” for its revelatory community of black students and teachers—to the broader Meccas of New York and Paris. Coates describes his observations and the evolution of his thinking on race, from Malcolm X to his conclusion that race itself is a fabrication, elemental to the concept of American (white) exceptionalism. Ferguson, Trayvon Martin, and South Carolina are not bumps on the road of progress and harmony, but the results of a systemized, ubiquitous threat to “black bodies” in the form of slavery, police brutality, and mass incarceration. Coates is direct and, as usual, uncommonly insightful and original. There are no wasted words. This is a powerful and exceptional book.–Jon Foro
From trendy to traditional and everything in between, Jillson Roberts has a vast array of beautiful gift wrap to suit a variety of preferences. Each roll in the handy 6-pack contains 5 feet x 30 inches of colorful recycled gift wrap – that’s 30 feet in all – plenty to ensure that you’ll have enough on hand to wrap all those last-minute gifts! The wrap is made from 100% post-consumer fiber that is chlorine and bleach free; the wrap core is also 100% recycled and has a minimum of 90% post-consumer fiber. To insure that all environmental specifications have been met, the final product is assembled and packaged in the USA. And, to help you to create just the right mood that lets your unique festive style shine, Jillson Roberts gift wraps are cleverly designed to mix and match with Jillson Roberts gift bags, wine and bottle bags, gift tags, cello bags, gift labels, ribbons and printed and solid color tissue. Jillson Roberts and the Neufeld family are proud to offer the largest, most comprehensive presentation of eclectic and environmentally sensitive paper products available on the market today; proof that one can, indeed, give beautifully and responsibly. Jillson Roberts is proud to offer the largest, most comprehensive presentation of eclectic and environmentally sensitive paper products available on the market today; proof that one can, indeed, give beautifully and responsibly.
- Wrap gifts beautifully and responsibly during this most wondrous time of year; 6 rolls of colorful wrap printed in a delightful patchwork of traditional symbols of the season
- Each roll contains 5 feet x 30 inches of wrap; 100% post-consumer fiber; chlorine and bleach free
- Wrap core is made in USA of 100% recycled paper with a minimum of 90% post-consumer fiber
Practical and Fun Gift for the Hostess and Wine Lovers! Someone always loses their wine glass or drink. Or worse, someone starts drinking your wine. Reduce the waste and washing for easier cleanup after the party is over. Guests can now keep track of their drinks with this fun, thoughtful gift set. No more multiple cups or wasted wine and beverages that create MORE WORK for the hostess. Includes slim and compact 3-in-1 wine opening corkscrew with bottle opener in your choice or red or black. * Not Dishwasher Safe – Hand-wash only * Use with care * Keep away from children!
- CLASSY GIFT: Hand-made in USA with 6mm Swarvoski® Gem Crystals add a touch of class and uniqueness to your glass, mug, or cup at wedding and baby showers, parties, book club, game night, wine tastings, and holiday parties to differentiate everyone’s glasses. Simple and classy, yet practical for hostess, birthdays, office gift exchanges and stocking stuffers.
- PARTY STARTER: NoClink design makes a great conversation starter and ice breaker! Guests will love picking their charms and talking without all those clinking noises! Other wine charm rings and pendants hit against the glass every time you take a sip. These magnets will not affect how your drinks taste and the drink won’t affect the magnets.
- FREE REPLACEMENT: Lose a charm? Get FREE replacement and shipping if a magnet, backing, or charm is lost or damaged through the ModVino LostOneTM lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
- SHIPS FAST: Send directly using Amazon Prime with no additional gift wrapping or packaging needed! Includes deluxe wine corkscrew and arrives in gift box. Click ‘Add to Cart’ to treat yourself or someone special to this fun and memorable gift set!
- ON-THE-GO: SureGrip magnets guarantee that your markers will stay in place on up to 5mm thick surfaces without annoying guests by slipping, sliding, or falling off like stemless silicone markers with condensation or extended use. They work on ALL types of glasses, acrylics, paper and recycled cups, including stemless wine glasses, champagne flutes, martini glasses, solo cups, and even beer mugs. Don’t forget to take them with your stemless GoVino glasses at the pool, picnic, beach or an outdoor concert.
**Official MyGift® product includes gift bag tissue paper**
Approximate Dimensions: 13 x 10.5 x 4 inches
- Festive sparkling wintry snowflakes design adorn these gift bags.
- Your presents are sure to bring warm smiles to your friends and loved ones this Holiday season.
- MyGift® package includes assortment of 3 gift bags (in Gold, Silver and Red) and 3 tissue papers.
- Approximate Dimensions: 13 x 10.5 x 4 inches.